Most of the beginners want to spend as less money as they can on kite lessons and spend a lot of money on kitesurf equipment. So, these are some reasons why you SHOULD spend money on kite lessons and NOT on equipment:
1. If you take 3-4 lessons and then buy equipment which you don’t know how to use it then it all over… frustration, accidents and many more. ALL of us when we start kiteboarding we needed help after the lessons. So, stick with your lessons until you feel comfy enough to trim and launch your kite safely.
2. It’s better to risk 500 Euro on lessons instead of 1500-2000 Euro of equipment that you are not sure if you can use it. You don’t lose money and you stay away from the hospital.
3. If you spent 500 Euro on a good kite school/instructor you will never regret it, because you will have at least 3-4 days of FUN!
4. From the moment, you buy a kite and a board you are losing 30%-50% of the value in a couple of months’ time…
5. Kiteboarding seems easy, but it needs persistence and practice to be able to reach a good level and enjoy yourself for 2-3 hours in every session. So, after all these years I would recommend at least 10 hours with an instructor beside you.
Have fun and stay safe!